that is what I call it when Mike and I sit down and hash through all of the “things” going on in our life. I remember when we were first married and an older married couple made a mention that they hadn’t talked about some given event that happened a week earlier. They just had not had the time. I thought it was strange then, now I understand completely.
So, I thought I would give you all a SOU on my life so you are in the loop. I will do this via bullet points as I don’t have a ton of time this am before our day starts with a BANG! Rest assured, I am thinking of you, as this little blog space keeps me energized most of the time.
- I have a stress fracture in my hip and it is hurts like mad. A common sports injury and will only heal with time and rest and that is it.
- I am not doing any training, I can only swim with a pull stoke and no kick which is a serious bummer. I had to postpone my races reluctantly.
- I am learning how to rest and be still. (I am always learning that one!)
- We are still bunking with my parents for another week before we move yet again in to our own home.
- My Mom has had knee replacement surgery while we are here. Wow is that one wicked painful thing to recover from.
- All of my techie stuff is in pieces sitting on my parents dining room table, which doesn’t really call me to be creative with it. My camera is forlorn, my ipod is rarely charged, my computer has some dang virus and we can’t find the cables for my disc drive and can not burn discs without a lot of maneuvering, which has been a serious thorn in my side.
- I haven’t uploaded to flickr in about a month and my blogging is spotty at best.
- I realize I miss them, they help me keep my mental life sorted so to speak and my creative life on track.
- Our children are doing well without their own space and their own things although I am seeing signs of weariness around their little edges.
- I had to spend a junk load of money for dental cleanings and then a cavity filling on our kids teeth. Dang make sure you floss your kids people, heck floss yourself too while you are at it. I have been a bit tardy on that for various reasons….I will leave you to guess what.
- Then I had to spend a junk load of money on figuring out my hip. Here is a tip, never get attached to money or things….they never last only Jesus does.
- Homeschooling schedule has been crazy but thankfully we are getting it done.
- Our older 2 are joining a local swim team and my youngest is learning the strokes so he can do the same.
- I have been praying about what to do with our oldest as he needs some new things in his growing life, so I am signing him up for a local co-op next year for 2 classes. Latin, possibly Art Appreciation and definitly Learning with Legos.
- I am moving into the season of parenting that causes me to be in my van non stop.
- I want to travel overseas again…….like mad. I am itching for us to go on a little “walk about”.
- Mike and I are seriously overhauling our schedule in the new house….to carve out room for dormant things.
- I am in need of a silence and solitude retreat, like yesterday. I understand why Dallas Willard plans his out for 5 years that way NOTHING gets in the way of him getting away to be alone and silent with the Lord.
- I still love photography and am starting to clear the decks enough to start some photography projects I have been wanting to work on. Maybe June will be the month?
- I believe I will do this tomorrow with my dear sweet kiddies. Today I will prepare supplies and make them guess at what we are doing. I love making them guess and be held in suspense. It is the right of every mother, no?
So there you have it. Now you know why I have not been very good at blogging lately. As a matter of fact, I haven’t read another blog in I don’t know how long….hope to get to that one day soon. Thanks to all you who still stop by even in my tardiness. I’ll try to show up a little more often;-)
Grace and Peace to all those muddling through~